Self Care for the Tired And Weary Momma
This year, is your year Momma, to put self-care on the priority list and I’m going to help you do that by providing you with the ultimate self-care tips for Mommas. Being a Mom to little ones is a full-time job on its own. Now add in all your other responsibilities, like your full-time job if your working, school if you’re attending and what do you get? One tired and weary Momma.
A study conducted by Welch found that an average mother works 98 hours a week. Holy Cow! No wonder why I have such bad bags and dark circles under my eyes. The study was conducted on 2,000 mothers with children between the ages of five and twelve. The end result? The average Mom works 14 hours a day, 100 hours a week, 400 hours a month, and approximately 4,800 hours a year. Phew! I’m tired just thinking about it and that’s not including the kiddos that are five and under. God knows I look like a zombie from the walking dead now that I have a 6-month-old.
So what’s helping Mommas get through the busy week of cleaning up poopy diapers, playing chauffeur to your kids, cooking dinner for your most picky eaters, keeping the dogs from killing Steve the squirrel, and still maintaining your sanity? Nothing, that’s what! Nothing at all! Until now.
I have put together the top tips for self-care for the tired and weary Momma. Hang on to your horses, ladies because this is going to go quick. I’m pretty sure I only have 5 minutes before I have to go play referee to a wrestling match or go on a search and rescue for the poor doll that lost her shoe. So here we go.
1. Get some exercise. Take a walk, go to the gym, or take a yoga class. I can’t tell you how great I feel after a good workout at the gym.
2. Take a bath because who doesn’t love baths. Some dimmed lights, a bit of lavender oil and a whole bag of Epson salt and your good to go.
3. Read a book or a blog because books are not for everyone. Although, I couldn’t get enough of 50 shades of gray. Now if that doesn’t relax you then I don’t know what will!
4. Have a date night with your hubby. Who doesn’t love to be wined and dined?!
5. Get more sleep! I remember as a child I hated naps and going to sleep early but what I would give for a nap every day.
6. Start a new hobby. I took up photography as a way to help myself relax. I suck like you would not believe but I love my me time!
7. Give yourself a spa day at least once a month. After much convincing from my husband, I invested in a spa package. Can I say that’s the best decision I ever made? I love getting my facials or massages once a month. It’s great! I even get a double whammy and take a nap during them too. Got to love the magic hands of an esthetician’s hands. God bless her soul.
8. Netflix and chill day? I think yes! Who doesn’t love a marathon day of Law and Order?
9. Have a glass of wine, or two or maybe the whole bottle. That bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon has been eyeing you for months.
10. Take a day with a girlfriend you haven’t seen in a while. It’s always great to catch up with old friends.