Cirque Du Soleil – Volta: A Must See Experience
Cirque Du Soleil has featured 25 extraordinary shows in Chicago for the past 30 years. WOW! I have been lucky enough to see Crystal, Corteo, Luzia, and now Volta. Every time I see a show, it never disappoints. Volta is a modern artistic performance circus that is great for adults and families.
Volta is about a game show contestant named Waz, who has lost touch with himself. Waz starts a personal journey to find his true self by going through his memories.
Volta will wow you as you watch artists perform thrilling acts. Volta features acts of trapeze and acrobatics, BMX bike tricks, rope skippers, and my very favorite, the hair suspension of Bazilian specialist, Danila Bim.
Things To Know Before You Go To A Cirque Du Soleil Show
- For Mommas with little ones know that performances under Big Tops and Arenas last approximately two and a half hours. The performance includes two acts, with a 25-minute intermission. So be prepared!
- Children are welcome to the Big Top and Arena shows. Children under two are admitted for free; however, they must remain on a parent’s lap at all times.
- Only digital cameras are allowed, but the flash must be turned off to avoid disturbing the artists during the show. Also, to preserve the excitement of the show, they do not allow video recording.
- If you arrive early, don’t worry, you won’t be impatiently waiting for the show to start. There is quite a bit to see at the on-site boutique. Moms, make sure to bring some spending money for your kids because there is a great gift shop with tons of exceptional items for everyone in your family.
- Parking is not free. Typically parking is approximately $20.00.
The Volta Acts
Hand to Hand Duo Act
The Hand to Hand Act is one of a kind. This act involves two of Volta’s acrobats that perform a fearless hand to hand duo while rolling on a unicycle as part of a striking group choreography. This act had me sitting at the edge of my seat. I was wowed by the graceful yet dangerous movements of these acrobats.
This act was one of my absolute favorite acts of the night. It was the act that ended the show, and it had us on our feet by the end. Five BMX riders enter the stage to perform an astonishing, furious and dynamic performance of nonstop acrobatics on wheels. I was very impressed by the ability of these riders to entertain us with their impeccable skills as they flipped and turned. The BMX act is one you won’t want to miss!
Shape Diving Act
The shape diving act is a show stopper. This act had everyone excited as we watched artists tumble and jump through shapes. This act is one of the show’s signature performances. As the performance progresses, the artists continue to add hoops until they are jumping nearly seven feet high into the air. It is indeed a sight to see! Artists not only jump feet first but also backward, bent in half and even adding breakdancing and hip-hop -style moves into the performance.
Acrobatic Ladder Act
During the Acrobatic Ladder Act, acrobats perform astonishing acrobatics on a very large articulated ladder rotating on stage. As the ladder turns, acrobatics climb up and down and twirl around on the ladder gracefully.
Hair Suspension Act
The hair suspension act by Danila Bim was my absolute favorite act of the night. Danila’s performance was a jaw-dropping performance that left me with wanting more. The hair suspension act is an ariel circus act where a performer is suspended by her hair, performing acrobatic poses. Danila Bim’s was not only amazing but powerful all at the same time. Women want to be her, and men want to be with her. She is just that good!
Disclaimer: I kindly received complimentary tickets from Cirque Du Soleil in exchange for sharing them on my blog and social media. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.